City of Maryville

Facebook Twitter E-notify RSS Feeds 
Frequently Asked Questions


When should I call 911?


You should call 911 in any emergency situation. Do not call the station in an emergency situation, call 911 so that the communications center can dispatch officers promptly to your location. The rule of thumb is “if you need an officer to respond…then call 911.” If possible, try to remain calm and give as much information as is safely possible to the dispatcher.  It is important that the 911 number not be called for road conditions, general information, to report a non-emergency crime, information, etc.


If I have a problem, but it's not an emergency, who should I call?


For those situations in which the immediate intervention of emergency personnel is not needed, call (660) 562-3209.  Remember during severe weather and other major incidents our dispatchers are answering incoming phone calls as well as handling radio traffic for emergency service agencies involved.  Please be patient.


Who should I report a crime to?


Any report you make regarding an incident, must be made in the city in which the incident occurred, with the exception of Identity theft and Internet crimes.  No matter where you actually live, if the crime occurred in the City of Maryville, you need to call the Maryville Public Safety Department.  If the crime occurred in another city or in the county, the crime should be reported to the law enforcement agency responsible for that area.  Maryville Public Safety has two main numbers you can call.  Those numbers are 911 (emergency), and (660)-562-3209 (non-emergency).  If the crime occurred on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University you need to call the Northwest University Police Department at (660) 562-1254.  If the crime occurred outside the city limits of Maryville you need to contact the Nodaway County Sheriff's Department at (660) 562-3209.  The Nodaway County Jail can be reached at (660) 582-7451.


Where can I get a copy of a police report taken by Maryville Public Safety?


Maryville Public Safety is now making its accident reports available via's Accident Report Retrieval Service. Reports are available on a fee basis to residents and insurance companies, as well as other law-enforcement agencies.

Visit and select Missouri, then Maryville Public Safety Department. You will have to know the accident date and the report number.

You may obtain accident reports at Maryville Public Safety, 101 North Vine Street, Maryville, MO 64468. There is a $5.00 fee. Accident reports may also be obtained by fax or mail by sending a written request to the address above and a check made out to The City of Maryville. There is a $7.00 fee for this process. Please allow 3-5 business days after an accident to request a report. Local record checks are free. The records department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and may be contacted at #660-562-3209. Any incident report that has a pending court date, may be obtained by contacting the City of Maryville P.A. at #660-562-3525 or the Nodaway County P.A. at #660-582-8285.


I received a ticket, where do I go to pay it?


Parking tickets and only traffic tickets where you received a fine payment schedule can be paid in person at City Hall, City Clerk's Office, 415 North Market Street, located on the 2nd floor.  All other tickets require a mandatory court appearance.  Municipal Court is held on Tuesdays at 4:15 P.M., 415 North Market Street. 


Questions: Contact (660) 562-3525. 


Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday (8 A.M.-12 P.M. & 1 P.M. to 4 P.M.)  Tuesday (8 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. & 1 P.M. to 3 P.M.)  Friday (8 A.M. to 12 P.M.).


Municipal Court



Where can I get a restraining order...or an order of protection?


You can file for an order of protection against the person who is abusing you at the Nodaway County Courthouse Circuit Clerk's Office- 305 N. Main Street, Maryville, Missouri (660) 582-5431 during normal business hours or after hours at the following locations:


Maryville Public Safety Department

101 North Vine Street, Maryville, MO.

(660) 562-3209


Nodaway County Sheriff's Department

404 North Vine Street, Maryville, MO.

(660) 562-3209.


Northwest Missouri State University Police

The University Police Department is located on the west side of the Northwest campus, adjacent to the Materials Distribution Center, in the Support Services building. 

(660) 562-1254.


Mosaic Life Care Maryville Hospital Emergency Room

2016 South Main Street, Maryville, MO.

(660) 562-2600.


If I am getting harassing phone calls, what should I do?


You should report the calls by contacting your local phone company and having a call trace put on your phone line. 


For Century Link customers:  After receiving a call, hang up.  Listen for a dial tone and press *57.  Listen for the announcement and follow the instructions.  Report the date and time you used Call Trace to your local service provider. 


For AT&T customers you should contact 1-800-281-6920 and have a call trace put on your phone line.